Sunday 6 November 2011

East of the Prom

I was pretty pumped to get back down to the Prom.  Recently I had been on a land-based mission around the western side and on this occasion it was an explore to the east side from Port Welshpool with local gun Rodney Gilham.  I had not fished from Welshpool for many years so it was another eye opener at both the fishing opportunities and the beauty of the area.  The day turned it on weather wise allowing for good light for photography and offshore the water clarity around the islands was excellent and had that turquoise colour synonymous with waters much further north.  Cruising around in Rod's Quintrex 'Top Ender' made me feel like we were not in Victoria at all.  We sought a mixed bag of bread and butter fish for the day and were pretty well rewarded - I saw enough to say I need to get back again soon.